In 2013, WCHS made a trip to the Hanford site and visited the historic B Reactor and the LIGO project. The LIGO project was endeavoring to prove Einstein’s theory of special relativity using sensitive monitor. Well, recently they did prove it as discussed in the attached article. We participated in history in the making!
The Snake River Six will NOT be appearing this year.
June 26, 2016 – 1:00 to 4:00 at the Perkins House in Colfax.
This year we are celebrating 130 years of the Perkins House and 146 years for the Cabin.
Returning this year is the ever popular SNAKE RIVER SIX
View updated photo displays of area communities and information on the Perkins family in the upstairs photo room
Colfax Art Council will display the Downtown banner entries and announce the winner
Dedication of the Wolfe River apple tree to reintroduce a heritage orchard
NEW THIS YEAR: CAKE FROM SCRATCH CONTEST. Contact Theresa at the Perkins House for info 509-397-2555
And, of Course, ICE CREAM
The Ice Cream Social is great fun for the whole family. Beautiful weather and plenty of ice cream make for a fun day.
COME JOIN US!
WCHS is announcing a Spring trip to Hooper, WA, and the three falls on the Palouse River. Save the date of April 30th to participate. Sign-up information will be available on this site soon. Contact: Dan Leonard firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Washington’s Centennial Farms, 25 Years Later on the WSDA website at:
WHITMAN COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
ICE CREAM SOCIAL
Sunday, June 28th 2015
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Perkins House – Colfax, WA
Admission is free but donations are appreciated. This is the one yearly fund raising event for the W.C.H.S. This year’s Ice Cream Social promises to be the biggest and best in many years. Come and spend a few hours, visit with friends and take in some of the following exhibits and displays:
- MUSIC BY THE BAND – Auf Gehts
- HISTORIC PERKINS HOUSE TOURS
- EARLY 1900’s FIRE TRUCK – Colfax Fire Dept.
- HOMEMADE PIES & FERDINAND’S ICE CREAM
- HO GAGE TRAIN LAYOUT – Lewiston/Clarkston Train Club
- HISTORIC PERIOD CLOTHING FASHION SHOW
- WHITMAN COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
- SERVING HAMBURGERS, HOT DOGS, CHIPS AND SODA
- WHITMAN COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY – Visit with Joe Pakootas & Ken Caylor
- OPERATION LIFESAVER EXHIBIT
- BOOK SIGNING:
MARTY MULLEN – “Reflections of the Road”
SALLY ELDER – “Best of the Palouse Magazine”
- APPLES & APPLE TREES IN WHITMAN COUNTY – Dave Benscotter
- ANTIQUE TRACTORS – Lewis-Clark Antique Power Club
- WHITMAN COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY – Visit with State Rep. Mary Dye
- RURAL WHITMAN COUNTY PHOTO DISPLAY
- COLFAX CHAMBER OF COMMERCE EXHIBIT
- WHITMAN SAMPLERS QUILTING GROUP
The date of our Spring Trip has been moved to May 21. Check out the EVENTS page for more information and the sign-up sheet. Hope to see you on the trip.
Here is the sign-up form as well.
Check out the Events page for information about the upcoming WCHS Spring trip. We expect this trip to fill quickly so act now. There is a registration form on the Events page.