WCHS is announcing a Spring trip to Hooper, WA, and the three falls on the Palouse River. Save the date of April 30th to participate. Sign-up information will be available on this site soon. Contact: Dan Leonard email@example.com
Learn more about Washington’s Centennial Farms, 25 Years Later on the WSDA website at:
WHITMAN COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
ICE CREAM SOCIAL
Sunday, June 28th 2015
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Perkins House – Colfax, WA
Admission is free but donations are appreciated. This is the one yearly fund raising event for the W.C.H.S. This year’s Ice Cream Social promises to be the biggest and best in many years. Come and spend a few hours, visit with friends and take in some of the following exhibits and displays:
- MUSIC BY THE BAND – Auf Gehts
- HISTORIC PERKINS HOUSE TOURS
- EARLY 1900’s FIRE TRUCK – Colfax Fire Dept.
- HOMEMADE PIES & FERDINAND’S ICE CREAM
- HO GAGE TRAIN LAYOUT – Lewiston/Clarkston Train Club
- HISTORIC PERIOD CLOTHING FASHION SHOW
- WHITMAN COUNTY GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
- SERVING HAMBURGERS, HOT DOGS, CHIPS AND SODA
- WHITMAN COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY – Visit with Joe Pakootas & Ken Caylor
- OPERATION LIFESAVER EXHIBIT
- BOOK SIGNING:
MARTY MULLEN – “Reflections of the Road”
SALLY ELDER – “Best of the Palouse Magazine”
- APPLES & APPLE TREES IN WHITMAN COUNTY – Dave Benscotter
- ANTIQUE TRACTORS – Lewis-Clark Antique Power Club
- WHITMAN COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY – Visit with State Rep. Mary Dye
- RURAL WHITMAN COUNTY PHOTO DISPLAY
- COLFAX CHAMBER OF COMMERCE EXHIBIT
- WHITMAN SAMPLERS QUILTING GROUP
The date of our Spring Trip has been moved to May 21. Check out the EVENTS page for more information and the sign-up sheet. Hope to see you on the trip.
Here is the sign-up form as well.
Check out the Events page for information about the upcoming WCHS Spring trip. We expect this trip to fill quickly so act now. There is a registration form on the Events page.
The construction of St Gall Church, Colton. The cornerstone for the brick church was blessed by Fr. Frei on 13 August 1905 and the completed Church’s first Mass was officiated by Bishop Edward O’Dea on Saturday, 2 June 1906. This is the only picture, known to the Historical Society, of the construction; if you know of another, please share it with us.
We first published this image of Chester Knotts on August 19, 2013. Later, we discovered an article about Chester Knotts in the September 29, 1966, Pullman Herald. Click here to read the article. Chester Knotts